Warning about PNGs

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Ok, this will show how long ago it was I rebuilt pgadmin ;) But when I
did, and then ran it, I get:

07:21:29 PM: Debug: Adding duplicate image handler for 'PNG file'

Is that "normal"? Intended? Buglet?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Warning about PNGs

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Ok, this will show how long ago it was I rebuilt pgadmin ;) But when I
> did, and then ran it, I get:
>
> 07:21:29 PM: Debug: Adding duplicate image handler for 'PNG file'
>
> Is that "normal"? Intended? Buglet?

Harmless buglet that I didn't figure out a clean way around yet.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Warning about PNGs

From
Nikhil S
Date:
Hi,

I also face issues while compiling pgadmin on my ubuntu. It has issues compiling
xtra/png2c directory. Till date, I have circumvented this issue by removing this directory manually from the Makefile :)

Regards,
Nikhils

Date:
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I also face issues while compiling pgadmin on my ubuntu. It has issues
> compiling
> xtra/png2c directory. Till date, I have circumvented this issue by removing
> this directory manually from the Makefile :)

What issue? If you cannot build png2c, you're not going to be able to
build the rest of pgAdmin.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Warning about PNGs

From
Nikhil S

What issue? If you cannot build png2c, you're not going to be able to
build the rest of pgAdmin.

Am using the default configure command:
./configure --with-pgsql=/home/pg/pg_database/

Which completes ok AFAICS.

Then the make errors out:

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/edb/consulting/pgadmin/pgadmin3'
Making all in xtra/png2c
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/edb/consulting/pgadmin/pgadmin3/xtra/png2c'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/edb/consulting/pgadmin/pgadmin3/xtra/png2c'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/edb/consulting/pgadmin/pgadmin3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I think I custom compiled the png2c binary and am using that one from inside the xtra/png2c directory..

Regards,
Nikhils

Re: Warning about PNGs

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com> wrote:

>> What issue? If you cannot build png2c, you're not going to be able to
>> build the rest of pgAdmin.
>>

> Am using the default configure command:
> ./configure --with-pgsql=/home/pg/pg_database/
>
> Which completes ok AFAICS.
>
> Then the make errors out:
>
> make  all-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/edb/consulting/pgadmin/pgadmin3'
> Making all in xtra/png2c
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/edb/consulting/pgadmin/pgadmin3/xtra/png2c'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/edb/consulting/pgadmin/pgadmin3/xtra/png2c'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/edb/consulting/pgadmin/pgadmin3'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I think I custom compiled the png2c binary and am using that one from inside
> the xtra/png2c directory..

When was the last time you ran the bootstrap script?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Warning about PNGs

From
Nikhil S

When was the last time you ran the bootstrap script?

Apparently never :P

Did it now and things are kosher. Sorry for the noise.

Regards,
Nikhils

Re: Warning about PNGs

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com> wrote:

>> When was the last time you ran the bootstrap script?
>>

> Apparently never :P
>
> Did it now and things are kosher. Sorry for the noise.

:-)