pgAdmin III: comments on PPAS 9.0 functions not working properly

From
Nikhil S
Date:
Hi,

Consider the following PPAS 9.0 function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION TEST_in_inout_out(A IN INT, B IN OUT INT, C  OUT INT)  RETURN INT
IS
    D INT;
BEGIN
    D := A + B + C;
    RETURN D;
END;

When I click on properties and try to assign a comment to this function, it errors out. In PPAS 9.0, either we do not provide the OUT parameter while assigning the comment or if we are mentioning it, we need to provide the argument type (OUT, INOUT etc.) appropriately. Fixing via the latter route.

PFA, patch for the same.

Regards,
Nikhils
Attachment

Re: pgAdmin III: comments on PPAS 9.0 functions not working properly

From
Dave Page
Date:
Thanks, applied.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Consider the following PPAS 9.0 function:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION TEST_in_inout_out(A IN INT, B IN OUT INT, C  OUT
> INT)  RETURN INT
> IS
>     D INT;
> BEGIN
>     D := A + B + C;
>     RETURN D;
> END;
>
> When I click on properties and try to assign a comment to this function, it
> errors out. In PPAS 9.0, either we do not provide the OUT parameter while
> assigning the comment or if we are mentioning it, we need to provide the
> argument type (OUT, INOUT etc.) appropriately. Fixing via the latter route.
>
> PFA, patch for the same.
>
> Regards,
> Nikhils

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin III: comments on PPAS 9.0 functions not working properly

From
Nikhil S

Thanks, applied.

Thanks Dave.