pgAdmin III commit: Fix PPAS package support for 9.0

From
Dave Page
Date:
Fix PPAS package support for 9.0

Branch
------
REL-1_12_0_PATCHES

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commitdiff;h=2934ca66b2dbafb80534460448c82b776e50cc3a
Author: Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com>

Modified Files
--------------
CHANGELOG                     |    1 +
pgadmin/schema/edbPackage.cpp |   10 ++++++++--

Re: pgAdmin III commit: Fix PPAS package support for 9.0

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
I assumed this was only going to be for 1.14 and not backpatched,
since you said previously that you expected no more than the one we
discussed before...

So if this is the pattern, I switch over to objecting in principle to
backpatching what's essentially new features (support for a new
version of the backend). Obviously no objections to the commit to
head.

//Magnus

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 05:55, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> Fix PPAS package support for 9.0
>
> Branch
> ------
> REL-1_12_0_PATCHES
>
> Details
> -------
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commitdiff;h=2934ca66b2dbafb80534460448c82b776e50cc3a
> Author: Nikhil S <nixmisc@gmail.com>
>
> Modified Files

 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Date:
On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> I assumed this was only going to be for 1.14 and not backpatched,
> since you said previously that you expected no more than the one we
> discussed before...

Right, I said I hoped it was the only thing. Turns out there was
something else that Heikki changed, however as it only lightly touches
a PPAS code path (and in fact, is in a PPAS only file) I committed on
the basis of the previous discussion on the assumption that it really
would be the last thing.

Heikki, Magnus is right though - we cannot keep hacking further
changes into the 1.12 branch, so if you change anything else in PPAS,
it'll have to be compatible with 8.4.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Date:
On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 10:46, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> I assumed this was only going to be for 1.14 and not backpatched,
>> since you said previously that you expected no more than the one we
>> discussed before...
>
> Right, I said I hoped it was the only thing. Turns out there was
> something else that Heikki changed, however as it only lightly touches
> a PPAS code path (and in fact, is in a PPAS only file) I committed on
> the basis of the previous discussion on the assumption that it really
> would be the last thing.

Yeah, the fact that it's the ppas code path only makes it a lot safer
- at least for all those users who don't care about the ppas codepath
:P So I'm definitely not calling for a revert or anything.