Transactions in status view

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Hi!

In the status view of pgadmin, one pane/window/whateverwecallthem is
labeled "Transactions". But it actually only holds two-phase
transactions. That's misleading, I've had questions about why regular
transactions don't show up there.

I suggest we rename it. But to what? "Two phase transactions"?
"Prepared transactions"?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Transactions in status view

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In the status view of pgadmin, one pane/window/whateverwecallthem is
> labeled "Transactions". But it actually only holds two-phase
> transactions. That's misleading, I've had questions about why regular
> transactions don't show up there.
>
> I suggest we rename it. But to what? "Two phase transactions"?
> "Prepared transactions"?

The latter sounds good to me.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Transactions in status view

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Le 17/06/2010 14:28, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> In the status view of pgadmin, one pane/window/whateverwecallthem is
>> labeled "Transactions". But it actually only holds two-phase
>> transactions. That's misleading, I've had questions about why regular
>> transactions don't show up there.
>>
>> I suggest we rename it. But to what? "Two phase transactions"?
>> "Prepared transactions"?
>
> The latter sounds good to me.

+1 for "prepared transactions".

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Date:
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 14:51, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 17/06/2010 14:28, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> In the status view of pgadmin, one pane/window/whateverwecallthem is
>>> labeled "Transactions". But it actually only holds two-phase
>>> transactions. That's misleading, I've had questions about why regular
>>> transactions don't show up there.
>>>
>>> I suggest we rename it. But to what? "Two phase transactions"?
>>> "Prepared transactions"?
>>
>> The latter sounds good to me.
>>

> +1 for "prepared transactions".

Where are we wrt the new release - are we in string freeze or is it ok
to make this change now?

--

Date:
Le 17/06/2010 14:52, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 14:51, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

>>> The latter sounds good to me.
>>>

>> +1 for "prepared transactions".
>
> Where are we wrt the new release - are we in string freeze or is it ok
> to make this change now?

You can make this change. We're not in string freeze.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Date:
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 15:30, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 17/06/2010 14:52, Magnus Hagander a écrit :

>>> +1 for "prepared transactions".
>>
>> Where are we wrt the new release - are we in string freeze or is it ok
>> to make this change now?
>>

> You can make this change. We're not in string freeze.

Great. Done!