How to set acrhive file directive?

From
Quan Zongliang
Date:
Hi, all

To support archive file, wxWidgets has some directive:
wxUSE_ARCHIVE_STREAMS,
wxUSE_ZIPSTREAM,
wxUSE_TARSTREAM,
wxUSE_ZLIB,
and so on.
And under windows, all of them is default 1. (include/msvc/wx/setup.h)

Should I include setup.h file in header file? It seems not a good idea.
And how to set it under other OSs?

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com

Re: How to set acrhive file directive?

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> To support archive file, wxWidgets has some directive:
> wxUSE_ARCHIVE_STREAMS,
> wxUSE_ZIPSTREAM,
> wxUSE_TARSTREAM,
> wxUSE_ZLIB,
> and so on.
> And under windows, all of them is default 1. (include/msvc/wx/setup.h)
>
> Should I include setup.h file in header file? It seems not a good idea.

No - it should get pulled in vi wx.h though, so you can test those macros.

> And how to set it under other OSs?

It's created by the configure script - like windows though, it should
be pulled in via wx.h.

--
Dave Page
PGDay.EU 2009 Conference: http://2009.pgday.eu/start

Re: How to set acrhive file directive?

From
Ashesh Vashi
Date:
Hi Quan,

On other system:
While configuring wxWidget, we should use the following option..

wxUSE_ARCHIEVE_STREAMS: --enable-arcstream
wxUSE_ZIPSTREAN: --enable-zipstream
wxUSE_TARSTREAM: --enable-tarstream
wxUSE_ZLIB: --with-zlib

so, the configuration options will be similar to this one..

./configure --enable-arcstream --enable-zipstream --enable-tarstream --with-zlib ...

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

EnterpriseDB INDIA - www.enterprisedb.com

Date:
> No - it should get pulled in vi wx.h though, so you can test those macros.
No, it didn't.
I can't detect them now. Like:
#if wxUSE_STREAMS || wxUSE_ZIPSTREAM || wxUSE_TARSTREAM
    some codes
#endif
Always get false.

Date:
On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@gmail.com> wrote:
>> No - it should get pulled in vi wx.h though, so you can test those macros.
> No, it didn't.
> I can't detect them now. Like:
> #if wxUSE_STREAMS || wxUSE_ZIPSTREAM || wxUSE_TARSTREAM
>    some codes
> #endif
> Always get false.

wx.h includes defs.h.
defs.h includes platform.h.
platform.h includes setup.h

iirc, there used to be a couple of copies of setup.h in a typical
tree. Maybe you have a default oen somewhere which is getting pulled
in instead of what you actually have.

Be aware though, that on many platforms (notably Linux), wx packages
may be provided by the OS vendor and will probably not have any
obscure options enabled, so don't write any code that requires
anything unusual.

--

Date:
> wx.h includes defs.h.
> defs.h includes platform.h.
> platform.h includes setup.h
Thanks, I saw it.

The problem is: under windows, setup.h is in msvc/wx/setup.h.
Here, it redirect to corresponding setup.h file.
So, we should add "$(WXWIN)/include/msvc" to include dirs.
pgAdmin3.vcproj should be modified.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com

Re: How to set acrhive file directive?

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Quan Zongliang
<quanzongliang@gmail.com> wrote:
>> wx.h includes defs.h.
>> defs.h includes platform.h.
>> platform.h includes setup.h
> Thanks, I saw it.
>
> The problem is: under windows, setup.h is in msvc/wx/setup.h.
> Here, it redirect to corresponding setup.h file.
> So, we should add "$(WXWIN)/include/msvc" to include dirs.
> pgAdmin3.vcproj should be modified.

That file is normally copied to include/wx/ iirc.

--

Date:
> That file is normally copied to include/wx/ iirc.
Ok, I copy it.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com