Patch for Caching datatypes for dlgColumn

From
Sachin Srivastava
Date:
Hi all,

For the TODO item:

* Cache datatypes used by dlgColumn as reloading them when adding
multiple columns to a new table can be slow over WANs.

Attached is a patch for it. Please give your comments on it.

Sachin Srivastava
www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment

Re: Patch for Caching datatypes for dlgColumn

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Sachin
Srivastava<sachin.srivastava@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For the TODO item:
>
> * Cache datatypes used by dlgColumn as reloading them when adding multiple
> columns to a new table can be slow over WANs.
>
> Attached is a patch for it. Please give your comments on it.

Thanks, patch applied. I made a couple of minor changes - it was
suffering from type/module variable/function parameter naming
confusion. It now uses 'dataTypeCache' for the type, 'dtCache' for the
module variables, and 'cache' for the function parameters.

--
Dave Page