Proportions of dialog windows

From
Erwin Brandstetter
Date:
Hi developers!

Testing the pgAdmin III 1.8.0  Beta 3 (Aug 22 2007, rev: 6580). Client
Win XP, host: Debian Etch / PG 8.2.4 and Debian Sarge / PG 8.1.8

The properties dialog window for functions is a bit out of proportion
(width, height). Also, the comment field there could use a bit more
space. Maybe not as much as tables or views, but a couple of lines more?
Same for trigger functions: window is extremely wide.
Window for views is a bit wide.

All other object types seem to get perfectly fitting dialog windows. (I
think I check most of them.)

Regards
Erwin

Re: Proportions of dialog windows

From
Dave Page
Date:
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Hi developers!
>
> Testing the pgAdmin III 1.8.0  Beta 3 (Aug 22 2007, rev: 6580). Client
> Win XP, host: Debian Etch / PG 8.2.4 and Debian Sarge / PG 8.1.8
>
> The properties dialog window for functions is a bit out of proportion
> (width, height).

Thats one of the few resizeable dialogues due to the SQL box on the
definition pane. The default shape/size likes reasonable here to me -
perhaps you resized it in the past? Drag the bottom right corner in to
the minimum size allowed (which is the default)

> Also, the comment field there could use a bit more
> space. Maybe not as much as tables or views, but a couple of lines more?

There's not a huge amount of room on the dialogue - we have a couple of
lines for the comment - i'd rather not make it any taller just to avoid
a little scrolling.

> Same for trigger functions: window is extremely wide.
> Window for views is a bit wide.

Thats the same dialogue, though it probably remembers its size
independently.

I do hope to redesign a few of the dialogues in the next cycle -
including Functions, Package elements, Views and Tables.

Regards, Dave

Date:
dpage@postgresql.org wrote:
> Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
>
>> Hi developers!
>>
>> Testing the pgAdmin III 1.8.0  Beta 3 (Aug 22 2007, rev: 6580). Client
>> Win XP, host: Debian Etch / PG 8.2.4 and Debian Sarge / PG 8.1.8
>>
>> The properties dialog window for functions is a bit out of proportion
>> (width, height).
>>

> Thats one of the few resizeable dialogues due to the SQL box on the
> definition pane. The default shape/size likes reasonable here to me -
> perhaps you resized it in the past? Drag the bottom right corner in to
> the minimum size allowed (which is the default)

It is as you guessed.
Well, that wasn't one of my brightest reports. Still not fully
recovered, I guess. I forgot that my settings from the previous
installation apply when I just replace the .exe file.

Date:
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:

> It is as you guessed.
> Well, that wasn't one of my brightest reports. Still not fully
> recovered, I guess. I forgot that my settings from the previous
> installation apply when I just replace the .exe file.

:-). Glad to see you're human!!

/D