Latest SVN segfaults on Feisty

From
ivan.pavlov@gmail.com
Date:
I finally managed to build from SVN on Ubuntu Feisty after the
"expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'JoinType'" problem was
fixed. Unfortunately it segfaults now. Anyone care to see strace /
ltrace? I've put them here: http://public.box.net/ivanpavlov

Re: Latest SVN segfaults on Feisty

From
Dave Page
Date:
ivan.pavlov@gmail.com wrote:
> I finally managed to build from SVN on Ubuntu Feisty after the
> "expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'JoinType'" problem was
> fixed. Unfortunately it segfaults now. Anyone care to see strace /
> ltrace? I've put them here: http://public.box.net/ivanpavlov

Would you mind mailing the trace in a more standard format please? I'd
rather not have to go find something to open rar files.

Regards, Dave

Date:
Ivan Pavlov wrote:
> Oops, you must be using Windows. Please find the attached traces.

Mac and Windows actually. Thanks - I'll take a look.

Regards, Dave

Date:
Ivan Pavlov wrote:
> Oops, you must be using Windows. Please find the attached traces.

Hmm, thats a trace from hell! What are you doing exactly when it crashes?

Regards, Dave.

Date:
On May 18, 4:03 pm, d...@postgresql.org (Dave Page) wrote:
> Hmm, thats a trace from hell! What are you doing exactly when it crashes?

I don't do anything out of the ordinary - I have a couple of Java apps
up and running, perhaps some extra activity on a lighttpd server, two
postgresql instances - 8.1 and 8.2.

What exactly do you need to know?

Ivan

Date:
ivan.pavlov@gmail.com wrote:
> On May 18, 4:03 pm, d...@postgresql.org (Dave Page) wrote:
>> Hmm, thats a trace from hell! What are you doing exactly when it crashes?
>
> I don't do anything out of the ordinary - I have a couple of Java apps
> up and running, perhaps some extra activity on a lighttpd server, two
> postgresql instances - 8.1 and 8.2.
>
> What exactly do you need to know?

When does it crash? At startup? When you try to add a new constraint?
When you connect to a server? etc. etc.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Latest SVN segfaults on Feisty

From
"Ivan Pavlov"
Date:
It crashes at startup. Btw, I have 1.4.3 from a package and it works fine. Another piece of info - the build from svn was working fine until perhaps the beginning of April, then I couldn't compile anymore for some time. Now it crashes. Hope that helps.

Ivan

Date:
Ivan Pavlov wrote:
> It crashes at startup. Btw, I have 1.4.3 from a package and it works
> fine. Another piece of info - the build from svn was working fine until
> perhaps the beginning of April, then I couldn't compile anymore for some
> time. Now it crashes. Hope that helps.

OK, you're using SVN code - I assume you've updated? Please do so again
(I've committed changes this morning), then run the bootstrap script,
followed by 'make clean; make all'.

Then, edit ~/.pgadmin3, and set (or add) the following values:

LogFile=/some/path/you/can/write/to/pgadmin.log
LogLevel=4

Finally, start pgAdmin. This should create a logfile which will
hopefully give some clues about what's going on.

Regards, Dave.

Date:

Date:
Ivan Pavlov wrote:
> I re-compiled and set LogLevel to 4 but there is nothing new written in
> the log file.

I haven't seen a pgadmin logfile from you yet so I wouldn't know what is
new and what isn't!

> I attach the trace files again, just in case there is some
> difference.

They don't help much unfortuantely. Can you fire it up in gdb and get a
plain old back trace please?

Thanks, Dave