pgAdmin - Solaris packages

From
Dhanaraj M
Date:
Hi Dave,

I discussed with the gate keeper. I understood the procedure to make
packages.

I discussed with Zdenek also. Our plan is the following:

1. Make two packages a) wxWidgets b) pgadmin3
2. /opt/wxWidgets and /opt/pgadmin3 are the locations where the package
will be installed
3. The user has to apply SUN's patch, in order to upgrade libxml
4. We will release both sparc and x86 packages separately.

Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks
Dhanaraj

Re: pgAdmin - Solaris packages

From
Dave Page
Date:
Dhanaraj M wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I discussed with the gate keeper. I understood the procedure to make
> packages.
>
> I discussed with Zdenek also. Our plan is the following:
>
> 1. Make two packages a) wxWidgets b) pgadmin3
> 2. /opt/wxWidgets and /opt/pgadmin3 are the locations where the package
> will be installed

Hi Dhanaraj

That sounds great to me - when I have your ssh public key I'll create an
account for you to upload the packages to.

 > 3. The user has to apply SUN's patch, in order to upgrade libxml

OK - we'll need to note that (and the download URL) in a README file.

 > 4. We will release both sparc and x86 packages separately.

Cool.

Thanks, Dave.

Date:
> Hi Dhanaraj
>
> That sounds great to me - when I have your ssh public key I'll create
> an account for you to upload the packages to.
>
> > 3. The user has to apply SUN's patch, in order to upgrade libxml
>
> OK - we'll need to note that (and the download URL) in a README file.

Hi Dave

I built the packages. I plan to upload the first version of pgadmin
packages.
Based on the comments, I will upload the enhanced version of pgadmin
packages.
Can you please create an account for us? Please explain the upload
procedure also.
Ssh public can be something like sun_pgadmin.

Thanks
Dhanaraj

Re: pgAdmin - Solaris packages

From
"Dave Page"

Sure, as I said before, please mail me your ssh public key and I'll get the account setup asap.

Regards, Dave