Re: Patches and a .po file

From
"Dave Page"

Hmm, OK thought I'd done that but obviously not.

>  - frmReport : the object type is now translated on the report and I
> added a dash before the report's type because it was not
> translatable in
> french as is, but it is now... and it is still good english
> (at least, I
> hope so).

It doesn't look great actually. I think the correct fix is something
more like:

title.Printf(_("%s DDL Report - "), object->GetTypeName());
title += object->GetIdentifier();
report->SetReportTitle(title);

Then you can translate

_("%s DDL Report - ")

_("DDL Report %s - ")

Or whatever is actually right in French. Can you update you patch if you
agree please?

BTW, I *haven't* committed your translation update yet in case it
contains strings you're about to remove.

> BTW, did someone test pgAdmin on Linux ? because I have really lots of
> crashes in the query tool that makes this tool totaly
> unusable. I really
> think this is my fault because the windows official build
> works great...
> and my linux build doesn't. I certainely have done something
> wrong but I
> don't know what. I compiled wxWidget 2.7 and pgAdmin latest svn... I
> still have many problems. So, did someone test the query tool
> on linux ?

I have briefly, and I'd be surpised if others haven't as well. What are
the exact issues you are seeing?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Patches and a .po file

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Dave Page a ecrit le 27/09/2006 09:55:
>> I also attached one patch.
>>  - frmEditGrid : it allows translators to translate the "no limit/1000
>> rows/500 rows/100 rows" combo of the edit grid window but I
>> don't think
>> I updated the pot file...
>
> Hmm, OK thought I'd done that but obviously not.
>
>>  - frmReport : the object type is now translated on the report and I
>> added a dash before the report's type because it was not
>> translatable in
>> french as is, but it is now... and it is still good english
>> (at least, I
>> hope so).
>
> It doesn't look great actually. I think the correct fix is something
> more like:
>
> title.Printf(_("%s DDL Report - "), object->GetTypeName());
> title += object->GetIdentifier();
> report->SetReportTitle(title);

Oh, great. I don't know why I didn't think about this kind of fix.

> Then you can translate
>
> _("%s DDL Report - ")

> _("DDL Report %s - ")
>
> Or whatever is actually right in French. Can you update you patch if you
> agree please?

I completely and I'll update my patch tonight.

> BTW, I *haven't* committed your translation update yet in case it
> contains strings you're about to remove.

Yes, I'll update the pot file and update my po file too... so, don't
commit this one.

>> BTW, did someone test pgAdmin on Linux ? because I have really lots of
>> crashes in the query tool that makes this tool totaly
>> unusable. I really
>> think this is my fault because the windows official build
>> works great...
>> and my linux build doesn't. I certainely have done something
>> wrong but I
>> don't know what. I compiled wxWidget 2.7 and pgAdmin latest svn... I
>> still have many problems. So, did someone test the query tool
>> on linux ?
>
> I have briefly, and I'd be surpised if others haven't as well. What are
> the exact issues you are seeing?

When I'm on the query tool, it crashes at random in less than 30s. It
can crash when I write a query. It can crash when I go in the View menu.
It crashes on so many places that I really think this is my fault...
badly compiled wxwidget ? I also can't resize panels.

Doing some checks on the windows release, I found something weird. My
current setting for user's language is french. I go in the View menu,
choose Default view... and all panels' titles are now in english. If I
hide a panel or if I hide and show the complete window, all panels'
titles change to french. Weird, isn't it ? :)

Regards.

--
Guillaume.

Re: Patches and a .po file

From
"Dave Page"

I've just been playing with it in Slackware and couldn't make it crash
at all. What OS are you on? I know at one point there was an issue with
Ubuntu that made the styled text controls unstable.

It might be worth resetting to the default view for that form, either by
selecting the option from the view menu if you can, or by removing the
frmQuery/Perspective setting form your settings file.

> Doing some checks on the windows release, I found something weird. My
> current setting for user's language is french. I go in the View menu,
> choose Default view... and all panels' titles are now in
> english. If I
> hide a panel or if I hide and show the complete window, all panels'
> titles change to french. Weird, isn't it ? :)

This should be fixed in SVN now.

Thanks, Dave.

Re: Patches and a .po file

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Dave Page a ecrit le 27/09/2006 13:13:
>> When I'm on the query tool, it crashes at random in less than 30s. It
>> can crash when I write a query. It can crash when I go in the
>> View menu.
>> It crashes on so many places that I really think this is my fault...
>> badly compiled wxwidget ? I also can't resize panels.
>
> I've just been playing with it in Slackware and couldn't make it crash
> at all. What OS are you on? I know at one point there was an issue with
> Ubuntu that made the styled text controls unstable.

Yes, I forgot to give you this information. It is a Kubuntu 6.06,
updated as much as possible.

I don't understand the issue you talk about. The styled text controls
are wxWidgets ones ? and wxWidgets is a package I had to compile... so,
how could these controls become unstable on a specific distro ?

> It might be worth resetting to the default view for that form, either by
> selecting the option from the view menu if you can, or by removing the
> frmQuery/Perspective setting form your settings file.

I'll try this tonight.

>> Doing some checks on the windows release, I found something weird. My
>> current setting for user's language is french. I go in the View menu,
>> choose Default view... and all panels' titles are now in
>> english. If I
>> hide a panel or if I hide and show the complete window, all panels'
>> titles change to french. Weird, isn't it ? :)
>
> This should be fixed in SVN now.

Great.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.

Re: Patches and a .po file

From
"Dave Page"

A bug in a version of one of the libraries that the control depends on.
We saw an issue a few months ago on Ubuntu where people where
complaining about instability on some quite specific versions iirc.
Upgrading to the latest release of Ubuntu seemed to resolve the issue in
all case.

Florian spent some time working on it from what I recall - he might
remember more details.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Patches and a .po file

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Dave Page a ecrit le 27/09/2006 13:13:
>> It might be worth resetting to the default view for that form, either by
>> selecting the option from the view menu if you can, or by removing the
>> frmQuery/Perspective setting form your settings file.
>>

> I'll try this tonight.

Well, removing the frmQuery/Perspective setting in .pgadmin3 wasn't
enough. I had to delete the complete file to get a functionnal query tool.

Thanks a lot, now I can write this article and work on the patch.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/