still on pgadmin translation

From
Giuseppe Sacco
Date:
[This is my last email for today, I promise.]

I found another slip in the english text:

#: src/frm/frmHint.cpp:131
msgid "Editting views, stored procedures or functions"

Editting => Editing

and have a new question: when I change i18n/it_IT/pgadmin3.po then the
corrisponding .po file isn't updated using "make all". I found that I
have to run "stringmerge". Is this correct?

Moreover, not all strings appear translated in the GUI. Just to make an
example, I translated all items in the first menu, but only the firsts
appear in italian, while the bottom three are kept in english.

Do I have to do anything more in order to display all translated
strings?

Thanks,
Giuseppe

P.S. I added it_IT to the variable PUB_TX in i18n/Makefile.* . Is this
correct too?

Re: still on pgadmin translation

From
"Dave Page"

Fixed.

> and have a new question: when I change i18n/it_IT/pgadmin3.po then the
> corrisponding .po file isn't updated using "make all". I found that I
> have to run "stringmerge". Is this correct?
>
> Moreover, not all strings appear translated in the GUI. Just
> to make an
> example, I translated all items in the first menu, but only the firsts
> appear in italian, while the bottom three are kept in english.
>
> Do I have to do anything more in order to display all translated
> strings?

Run "stringextract" to update the master template to include all strings
from the last release (from pgadmin3-release.pot) and all new strings
now in the source. The "stringmerge" script is then used to merge this
into each invdividual catalogue, and commit to SVN. This is normally
only run by me, but you can look at it to see how to merge the updated
master template into your translation.

> P.S. I added it_IT to the variable PUB_TX in i18n/Makefile.* . Is this
> correct too?

I'll do that when I assess which translations are complete enough to be
included in the final release. There's a few other places to do as
well...

Regards, Dave.

Re: still on pgadmin translation

From
Giuseppe Sacco
Date:
Il giorno ven, 08/09/2006 alle 21.13 +0100, Dave Page ha scritto:
[...]
> > and have a new question: when I change i18n/it_IT/pgadmin3.po then the
> > corrisponding .po file isn't updated using "make all". I found that I
> > have to run "stringmerge". Is this correct?
> >
> > Moreover, not all strings appear translated in the GUI. Just
> > to make an
> > example, I translated all items in the first menu, but only the firsts
> > appear in italian, while the bottom three are kept in english.
> >
> > Do I have to do anything more in order to display all translated
> > strings?
>
> Run "stringextract" to update the master template to include all strings
> from the last release (from pgadmin3-release.pot) and all new strings
> now in the source. The "stringmerge" script is then used to merge this
> into each invdividual catalogue, and commit to SVN. This is normally
> only run by me, but you can look at it to see how to merge the updated
> master template into your translation.
[...]

This is exactly what I do (early I used 'msgmerge -U
i18n/it_IT/pgadmin3.po pgadmin3.pot' instead on "stringmerge") but still
some translation does not display.

Is there any other reason, like the string length or such, why strings
shouldn't appear?

Thanks,
Giuseppe

Re: still on pgadmin translation

From
"Dave Page"

> This is exactly what I do (early I used 'msgmerge -U
> i18n/it_IT/pgadmin3.po pgadmin3.pot' instead on "stringmerge") but still
> some translation does not display.
>
> Is there any other reason, like the string length or such, why strings
> shouldn't appear?

I don't know I'm afraid - I've actually translate anything myself! Does anyone else know? Hiroshi?

Regards, Dave

Re: still on pgadmin translation

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi.

"msgmerge" is combines with two files which has not been translated.
I am using poedit.:-)

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito