pgadmin.log

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Could you rename pgadmin.log to .pgadmin.log on Unix systems?  It's quite
annoying to have this file reappearing all the time in the home directory.
Other programs hide their per-user log files as well.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: pgadmin.log

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 04:07:18PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Could you rename pgadmin.log to .pgadmin.log on Unix systems?  It's quite
> annoying to have this file reappearing all the time in the home directory.
> Other programs hide their per-user log files as well.

It's not configurable?
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                decibel@decibel.org

Re: pgadmin.log

From
"Dave Page"

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 04:07:18PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Could you rename pgadmin.log to .pgadmin.log on Unix systems?  It's quite
> > annoying to have this file reappearing all the time in the home directory.
> > Other programs hide their per-user log files as well.
>
> It's not configurable?

Yes, it is: http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.4/options-tab4.html
Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 04:07:18PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Could you rename pgadmin.log to .pgadmin.log on Unix systems?  It's quite
> annoying to have this file reappearing all the time in the home directory.
> Other programs hide their per-user log files as well.

It's not configurable?
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                decibel@decibel.org

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: pgadmin.log

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Montag, 27. März 2006 16:17 schrieb Dave Page:
> > It's not configurable?
>
> Yes, it is: http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.4/options-tab4.html

By default then. :)

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: pgadmin.log

From
"Dave Page"

I'd prefer not to be honest. Aside from never having a complaint before, it makes it far more visible, helping prevent
theinexperienced user from missing the fact that the log is there at all. If it were hidden, it's not beyond
imaginationfor a log to remain undiscovered and continually growing (of course, that /shouldn't/ happen with default
settingsand no errors but...).

Regards, Dave.