Move to Subversion?

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
I've been looking at moving pgAdmin to Subversion instead of CVS to
allow us to move file and directories etc. I've put a test installation
on svn://svn.pgadmin.org/repos/, with a web browser at
http://svn.pgadmin.org.

Thoughts, comments, objections?

Currently I quite like it. The structure and web interface is a little
confusing at first, but TortoiseSVN makes using it a breeze on Windows.

Regards, Dave.

Oh, btw, the SVN repository is a copy of CVS from earlier today. If you
view the CVS repo via the test version of viewcvs, that's the live CVS
repository.

Re: Move to Subversion?

From
"Merlin Moncure"
Date:
> Thoughts, comments, objections?
>
> Currently I quite like it. The structure and web interface is a little
> confusing at first, but TortoiseSVN makes using it a breeze on
Windows.

> Regards, Dave.

I was an early adopter of subversion and I'm really pleased with it.  I
don't contribute much code here, but I think it's a smart move, assuming
everybody else is ok with it.  The only thing disappointing about the
project is they seem to have lost all interest developing an SQL
backend.

The subversion-users mailing list is more active than the ten or so
pgsql mailing lists I subscribe to put together (!).

Merlin

Re: Move to Subversion?

From
"Dave Page"

Great, thanks Merlin. All comments are useful whether from active
developers or experienced lurkers :-).

Regards, Dave