pgAdmin III 1.2.0 RC1 Debian packages available

From
Raphaël Enrici
Date:

pgAdmin III 1.2.0 RC1 Debian - strange combobox behaviour

From
Tim Booth
Date:
Hi,

I have cried wolf on this list before due to a broken RedHat setup, but
I'm now on what should be a squeaky-clean Debian/unstable installation,
updated this morning,  and I get the following issue:

Bring up the dialogue to create a new database.
Select an owner for the database from the combobox.
Attempt to select a different owner from the combobox, using the mouse -
*this fails for me.*
Selecting different text encodings (in the next combo) is not a problem.

This applies to many dialogues in the program, but not others.
If the combobox starts off blank, it is possible to select a value.
You can still use the up/down arrows to scroll through the options.

Anybody else see this?

Also, a very minor point.  The dialogue for creating a database has a
big box for 'comments' in which it is impossible to type anything.  I
guess this should be greyed out rather than just locked?

TIM

Re: pgAdmin III 1.2.0 RC1 Debian - strange combobox

From
Andreas Pflug
Tim Booth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have cried wolf on this list before due to a broken RedHat setup, but
> I'm now on what should be a squeaky-clean Debian/unstable installation,
> updated this morning,  and I get the following issue:
>
> Bring up the dialogue to create a new database.
> Select an owner for the database from the combobox.
> Attempt to select a different owner from the combobox, using the mouse -
> *this fails for me.*
> Selecting different text encodings (in the next combo) is not a problem.
>
> This applies to many dialogues in the program, but not others.
> If the combobox starts off blank, it is possible to select a value.
> You can still use the up/down arrows to scroll through the options.
>
> Anybody else see this?

*$%&§  (censored)
This is the fix for MSW combobox behaviour, where a call is needed,
which may not be used in GTK...
Fix pending, need a little review before committing.

Regards,
Andreas