Dynamic list of mirrors

From
Raphaël Enrici
Date:
Hi Dave, Andreas,

So that I can provide a simple script to help Debian people to get the
proper entry in their sources.list, can one of you tell me how I could
generate a list of available mirrors for pgAdmin III packages synced to
what we have on the primary web site ?

If it's too hard to generate in a simple script without many and many
dependencies, would it be possible that we decide to put a formatted
text file which would be regularly updated somewhere on the site ?
Something like http://www.pgadmin.org/mirrors.txt with one entry per line:
country<tab>URL

If not, I may also parse the following url with the risk that this page
changes in the future: http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/download.php#mirrors

Regards,
Raphaël

Re: Dynamic list of mirrors

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Raphaël,

That list is generated by a script on svr2.postgresql.org - there is no easy way that the data can be extracted
remotely.Perhaps the best I can offer is a simple php script which returns a list of base URLs for the currently active
mirrors.It might be a couple of days though as I'm swamped with work at the moment.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Dynamic list of mirrors

From
blacknoz@club-internet.fr

>That list is generated by a script on svr2.postgresql.org - there is no easy way that the data can be extracted
remotely.Perhaps the best I can offer is a simple php script which returns a list of base URLs for the currently active
mirrors.It might be a couple of days though as I'm swamped with work at the moment.

Hi Dave,

ok, take your time. I'll take a look to the php script
download.php and try to adapt it to my needs.
If I am not able to get something working, I'll tell you.

Regards,
Raphaël