pgadmin3 manpage

From
Raphaël Enrici
Date:
Let's go on :)

Attached is a proposal for the pgadmin3 manpage I wish to include in
debian package.

Comments/corrections are welcome.

Regards,
Raphaël

.\" Hey, EMACS: -*- nroff -*-
.\" First parameter, NAME, should be all caps
.\" Second parameter, SECTION, should be 1-8, maybe w/ subsection
.\" other parameters are allowed: see man(7), man(1)
.\" Please adjust this date whenever revising the manpage.
.\"
.\" Some roff macros, for reference:
.\" .nh        disable hyphenation
.\" .hy        enable hyphenation
.\" .ad l      left justify
.\" .ad b      justify to both left and right margins
.\" .nf        disable filling
.\" .fi        enable filling
.\" .br        insert line break
.\" .sp <n>    insert n+1 empty lines
.\" for manpage-specific macros, see man(7)
.TH "PGADMIN3" "1" "February  9, 2004" "" ""
.SH "NAME"
pgadmin3 \- PostgreSQL Tools
.SH "SYNOPSIS"
.B pgadmin3
.RI
.br

.SH "DESCRIPTION"
.LP
\fBpgadmin3\fP is a database design and management application for use with PostgreSQL.
.br
.LP
It includes a graphical administration interface, an SQL query tool, a procedural code editor and much more.
.br
pgAdmin III is designed to answer the needs of all
users, from writing simple SQL queries to developing complex databases.
Available in more than 30 languages and for several operating systems.
.br
Please visit http://www.pgadmin.org/ for more details.

This manual page was written for the Debian distribution
because the original program does not have a manual page.

.SH "OPTIONS"
This program is a graphical application. Simply type \fBpgadmin3\fR on a command line to launch the GUI. There is no
optionsat all for it.
.SH "SEE ALSO"
.BR psql (1),
.SH "AUTHOR"
This manual page was written by Raphael Enrici <pgadmin\-hackers@postgresql.org>,
for the Debian project (but may be used by others).

Re: pgadmin3 manpage

From
"Dave Page"

There is no options

Should be

There are no options

:-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgadmin3 manpage

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Raphaël Enrici wrote:

> Let's go on :)
>
> Attached is a proposal for the pgadmin3 manpage I wish to include in
> debian package.
>
> Comments/corrections are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Raphaël

>.\" Hey, EMACS: -*- nroff -*-
>.\" First parameter, NAME, should be all caps
>.\" Second parameter, SECTION, should be 1-8, maybe w/ subsection
>.\" other parameters are allowed: see man(7), man(1)
>.\" Please adjust this date whenever revising the manpage.
>.\"
>.\" Some roff macros, for reference:
>.\" .nh        disable hyphenation
>.\" .hy        enable hyphenation
>.\" .ad l      left justify
>.\" .ad b      justify to both left and right margins
>.\" .nf        disable filling
>.\" .fi        enable filling
>.\" .br        insert line break
>.\" .sp <n>    insert n+1 empty lines
>.\" for manpage-specific macros, see man(7)
>.TH "PGADMIN3" "1" "February  9, 2004" "" ""
>.SH "NAME"
>pgadmin3 \- PostgreSQL Tools
>.SH "SYNOPSIS"
>.B pgadmin3
>.RI
>.br
>
>.SH "DESCRIPTION"
>.LP
>\fBpgadmin3\fP is a database design and management application for use with PostgreSQL.
>.br
>.LP
>It includes a graphical administration interface, an SQL query tool, a procedural code editor and much more.
>.br
>pgAdmin III is designed to answer the needs of all
>users, from writing simple SQL queries to developing complex databases.
>Available in more than 30 languages and for several operating systems.
>.br
>Please visit http://www.pgadmin.org/ for more details.
>
>This manual page was written for the Debian distribution
>because the original program does not have a manual page.
>

>.SH "OPTIONS"
>This program is a graphical application. Simply type \fBpgadmin3\fR on a command line to launch the GUI. There is no
optionsat all for it.
>.SH "SEE ALSO"
>.BR psql (1),
>.SH "AUTHOR"
>This manual page was written by Raphael Enrici <pgadmin\-hackers@postgresql.org>,
>for the Debian project (but may be used by others).

Maybe some hint that there's online documentation available as soon as
pgadmin3 is launched?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pgadmin3 manpage

From
Raphaël Enrici
Date:
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Maybe some hint that there's online documentation available as soon as
> pgadmin3 is launched?

Dave, I fixed the typo (thanks!). I also fixed "all users" with "most
users".
Andreas, I added a word on this.
It something like that: "NOTE: You may find useful informations in the
help menu of pgAdmin3."

File attached. May be this would be a good thing to add a man page to
cvs too.

You didn't tell me what you thought about package description. Did you
receive these mails ? Shall I understand it's alright with you ?

I'm gonna submit the package to my debian sponsor tonight. I hope to get
news soon.

[...]

pgAdmin III is designed to answer the needs of most
users, from writing simple SQL queries to developing complex databases.
Available in more than 30 languages and for several operating systems.
.br
\fBNOTE:\fP You may find useful informations in the help menu of pgAdmin3.
.br
Please visit http://www.pgadmin.org/ for more details.

This manual page was written for the Debian distribution
because the original program does not have a manual page.

.SH "OPTIONS"
This program is a graphical application. Simply type \fBpgadmin3\fR on a command line to launch the GUI. There are no
optionsat all for it.
.SH "SEE ALSO"
.BR psql (1),
.SH "AUTHOR"
This manual page was written by Raphael Enrici <pgadmin\-hackers@postgresql.org>,
for the Debian project (but may be used by others).

Re: pgadmin3 manpage

From
"Dave Page"

Sorry, *really* busy at the moment. The description (the one in the man page?) looks great, but Jean-Michel has been
workingon the new description for his PAD file as well. Perhaps we should use just one for consistency?

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgadmin3 manpage

From
blacknoz@club-internet.fr