Re: [pgadmin-support] Refreshing removed object crashes pgadmin3

From
blacknoz@club-internet.fr
Date:
Dear Richard, Hiroshi,

it seems that richard is using woody ( the debian stable release ). As I'm linking dynamically debian packages to
postgre,I used the debian official postgresql package to build pgA3.

I saw the thread between Jean Michel Pouré and Andreas Pflug last  month concerning libpq issue (concluding to the
necessityof a static linking of libpq) but did not get time to modify my packages.

to pgadmin-hackers:
Is it *really* a pre-req to use libpq >=7.3 ?

If yes, this a pure packaging issue we have here... I think I'll have to produce different packages for woody and for
testing/unstable.
I would like to continue dynamic linking for testing and unstable as it's debian way to do the things.

Can others (on other distros) try to reproduce the bug signaled here ?

To Richard: I wait a bit for answers from others but will try a particular build for woody with static linking against
apostgresql backport... that's quite a lot of work, so you'll have  to wait a little.

Regards,

Raphaël