Feature Request

From
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Date:
I know I've been quiet lately, but I was working with pgAdmin3 today,
and I wanted to print out the schema from a table, but there is no print
feature.  Is it possible to implement one, and if so how hard would it
be?  After finding I couldn't print, I cut and paste the schema out of
the schema "preview" pane, only to find that the text didn't use the
windows line delimiter.  It seems that the lines in the window are
terminated with just a line feed character, instead of the CRLF used
byWindows.  Can we change this?  (BTW, I am hitting a UNIX postgres
server, could this have caused the behaviour?)   BTW to see what I mean,
cut and paste into Notepad, it doesn't hide LF's like Wordpad does.

ahp

Re: Feature Request

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> I know I've been quiet lately, but I was working with pgAdmin3 today,
> and I wanted to print out the schema from a table, but there is no
> print feature.  Is it possible to implement one, and if so how hard
> would it be?  After finding I couldn't print, I cut and paste the
> schema out of the schema "preview" pane, only to find that the text
> didn't use the windows line delimiter.  It seems that the lines in the
> window are terminated with just a line feed character, instead of the
> CRLF used byWindows.  Can we change this?  (BTW, I am hitting a UNIX
> postgres server, could this have caused the behaviour?)   BTW to see
> what I mean, cut and paste into Notepad, it doesn't hide LF's like
> Wordpad does.

If Wordpad shows the LF char, it is LFCR instead of CRLF.  However, I'll
have a look into this (win32 specific) thing. It's probably the STC
control which misbehaves here.
I haven't looked into printing so far; this is more than just a few
lines of code. Printing needs drawing on the DC, font calculation, word
wrap, pages, ....

So a question to you around there: How important is printing to you?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Feature Request

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> ... I cut and paste the schema out of the schema "preview" pane, only
> to find that the text didn't use the windows line delimiter.  It seems
> that the lines in the window are terminated with just a line feed
> character, instead of the CRLF used byWindows.  Can we change this?
> (BTW, I am hitting a UNIX postgres server, could this have caused the
> behaviour?)   BTW to see what I mean, cut and paste into Notepad, it
> doesn't hide LF's like Wordpad does.

Patch for wx stc is pending.

Regards,
Andreas