client encoding SQL_ASCII for server SQL_ASCII

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Should that be back patched for 1.0.1? Seems like a bug to me.

Regards, Dave.

Re: client encoding SQL_ASCII for server SQL_ASCII

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>Should that be back patched for 1.0.1? Seems like a bug to me.

The bug is the non-ascii data...
Yes, we should back-patch that. Just plain pgConn.cpp and pgConn.hpp.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: client encoding SQL_ASCII for server SQL_ASCII

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
> >Should that be back patched for 1.0.1? Seems like a bug to me.
> >

> The bug is the non-ascii data...
> Yes, we should back-patch that. Just plain pgConn.cpp and pgConn.hpp.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Please wait a little.
Is this taken into consideration?

saito=# \l
       List of databases
    Name    | Owner | Encoding
------------+-------+-----------
 pgdata     | saito | UNICODE
 regression | saito | EUC_JP
 saito      | saito | EUC_JP
 template0  | saito | EUC_JP
 template1  | saito | EUC_JP
 with       | saito | SQL_ASCII
(6 rows)

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: client encoding SQL_ASCII for server SQL_ASCII

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
There is no error in every place.
But, there is one place of the problem.
It is a quote problem by the renewal of data view.

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

> > >Should that be back patched for 1.0.1? Seems like a bug to me.
> > >

> > The bug is the non-ascii data...
> > Yes, we should back-patch that. Just plain pgConn.cpp and pgConn.hpp.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andreas
>
> Please wait a little.
> Is this taken into consideration?
>
> saito=# \l
>        List of databases
>     Name    | Owner | Encoding
> ------------+-------+-----------
>  pgdata     | saito | UNICODE
>  regression | saito | EUC_JP
>  saito      | saito | EUC_JP
>  template0  | saito | EUC_JP
>  template1  | saito | EUC_JP
>  with       | saito | SQL_ASCII
> (6 rows)
>
> Regards,
> Hiroshi Saito

Re: client encoding SQL_ASCII for server SQL_ASCII

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
It is this problem.
any comment?

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

> It is a quote problem by the renewal of data view.
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Saito

Attachment