Ready for 1.0.0 release...

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Hi all,

As mentioned previously, the plan is to create v1.0.0 of pgAdmin III
tomorrow.

Assuming nothing crops up that I have to deal with, I will tag CVS
tomorrow (somewhen after 8AM BST), and create a source tarball and
Slackware/Win32 binary releases.

Please commit any fixes/translations before then. I will include all
translations that are in the 'Translated' section of the website.
Currently that's just over 25 I think, which are all at 89% or higher.

I'll mail the list once the release is create to allow porters to
produce their ports and upload them. Unless there are any major hiccups,
I will then issue release notices via email, send the press release to
Josh, and add a notice to the news section on www.postgresql.org on
Sunday. Jean-Michel: can you update the text on the pga3 home page and
modify /index.html to redirect to the pga3 site instead of pga2 please?

I think that's about it for release unless anyone can think of something
I forgot?

Andreas: Do you want me to pre-emptively create a 1.0.1 branch, or shall
we leave that until it's actually required?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Ready for 1.0.0 release...

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Jeudi 25 Septembre 2003 21:12, Dave Page a écrit :
> Jean-Michel: can you update the text on the pga3 home page and
> modify /index.html to redirect to the pga3 site instead of pga2 please?

Done my friend. Cheers, Jean-Michel

Re: Ready for 1.0.0 release...

From
"Dave Page"

Thank you!

Regards, Dave.

Re: Ready for 1.0.0 release...

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Vendredi 26 Septembre 2003 10:06, andrej misovic a écrit :
> okay, seems good :)
> I wanna ask you, that should I also translate homepage to slovak?
> if yes, where I can find files, etc. ?
> bye!

Dear Andrej,

That would be perfect, thank! Your help is welcome to translate pgAdmin3 web
site. Just visit our translation page and download

http://snake.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/pgadmin3_website.pot file.

We did our best to separate each sentence in order to ease maintenance.
English is not my mother tongue, any remark about the English text is welcome
as usual.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel

Re: Ready for 1.0.0 release...

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>As mentioned previously, the plan is to create v1.0.0 of pgAdmin III
>tomorrow.
>
>Assuming nothing crops up that I have to deal with, I will tag CVS
>tomorrow (somewhen after 8AM BST), and create a source tarball and
>Slackware/Win32 binary releases.
>
>Please commit any fixes/translations before then. I will include all
>translations that are in the 'Translated' section of the website.
>Currently that's just over 25 I think, which are all at 89% or higher.

Hu, you already tagged.
Frank just mailed an updated Italian translation to me, this should have
a 1.0.0 tag also.

>I'll mail the list once the release is create to allow porters to
>produce their ports and upload them. Unless there are any major hiccups,
>I will then issue release notices via email, send the press release to
>Josh, and add a notice to the news section on www.postgresql.org on
>Sunday. Jean-Michel: can you update the text on the pga3 home page and
>modify /index.html to redirect to the pga3 site instead of pga2 please?
>
>I think that's about it for release unless anyone can think of something
>I forgot?
>
>Andreas: Do you want me to pre-emptively create a 1.0.1 branch, or shall
>we leave that until it's actually required?

We'll probably have a 1.0.1 branch very soon, so it's a good idea to
create it now.
Updated doc and enhanced UTF file handling is already pending for this.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Ready for 1.0.0 release...

From
"Dave Page"

Too late - I tagged and built already. It is well after 8AM BST after
all...

> >Andreas: Do you want me to pre-emptively create a 1.0.1 branch, or
> >shall we leave that until it's actually required?
> >
> We'll probably have a 1.0.1 branch very soon, so it's a good idea to
> create it now.
> Updated doc and enhanced UTF file handling is already pending
> for this.

OK, will do. Don't forget though, this means double patching :-(

Regards, Dave.

Re: Ready for 1.0.0 release...

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>OK, will do. Don't forget though, this means double patching :-(

Can't help that, V2 features are already waiting in my head...

Regards,
Andreas