Website preview

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Dear all,

The website preview is available with screenshots at:
http://snake.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/index.php

A few remarks:

- The web site code and text content are written in Php classes and templates.
If you can propose a better web site design, we can use it very quickly. So
do not hesitate to propose a better design if you are interested.

- There are probably plenty of spelling mistakes as I work in Kate and do not
spellcheck XML pages.

- Screenshots of localised versions will be implemented soon. There are also
several pages missing, like translator guidelines, etc...

- The website is not yet translated for obvious reasons: we need to validate
it in team. But the mechanism for storing the locale in a session has been
implemented.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Website preview

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
It's rumoured that Jean-Michel POURE once said:
> Dear all,
>
> The website preview is available with screenshots at:
> http://snake.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/index.php

Hmm, please update to use the standard colours & logos (the ones with the
little squares etc). The black background doesn't look nice, and has the
wrong font.
And no, I'm not back, just checking in :-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: Website preview

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Thursday 31 July 2003 11:48, Dave Page wrote:
> Hmm, please update to use the standard colours & logos (the ones with the
> little squares etc). The black background doesn't look nice, and has the
> wrong font.
> And no, I'm not back, just checking in :-)

Hi Dave,

I hope you had nice holidays. OK, I will try to generate a standard logo with
little squares using Andreas postscript logo. If you don't like it, we will
get back to the old logo.

I would like to modify colours, but I am quite incompetent with CSS style
sheets. Maybe we can tweak them when you are back.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Website preview

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
It's rumoured that Jean-Michel POURE once said:
> On Thursday 31 July 2003 11:48, Dave Page wrote:
>> Hmm, please update to use the standard colours & logos (the ones with
>> the little squares etc). The black background doesn't look nice, and
>> has the wrong font.
>> And no, I'm not back, just checking in :-)
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> I hope you had nice holidays.

Yes thanks. Quiet day today so I'm borrowing my hosts PC and deleteing the
800 odd bits of spam I've got in my inbox...
> OK, I will try to generate a standard
> logo with  little squares using Andreas postscript logo. If you don't
> like it, we will  get back to the old logo.

I have the original in a bizarre Microsoft vector format (which won't
convert well to Photoshop). I can do something when I get back (late
Sunday) if required.
> I would like to modify colours, but I am quite incompetent with CSS
> style  sheets. Maybe we can tweak them when you are back.

OK.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Website preview

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Thursday 31 July 2003 12:30, Dave Page wrote:
> I have the original in a bizarre Microsoft vector format (which won't
> convert well to Photoshop). I can do something when I get back (late
> Sunday) if required.

The can check the logo on Snake. I used Gimp-1.3 instable version from
http://www.freshrpms.net (in RPM format). The new gimp is getting closer to
the levels of Photoshop. I am quite impressed. The .xcf extension is Gimp
format.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Website preview

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
It's rumoured that Jean-Michel POURE once said:
> On Thursday 31 July 2003 12:30, Dave Page wrote:
>> I have the original in a bizarre Microsoft vector format (which won't
>> convert well to Photoshop). I can do something when I get back (late
>> Sunday) if required.
>
> The can check the logo on Snake. I used Gimp-1.3 instable version from
> http://www.freshrpms.net (in RPM format). The new gimp is getting
> closer to  the levels of Photoshop. I am quite impressed. The .xcf
> extension is Gimp  format.

Umm, bg colour is wrong, and the font is wrong (sorry to be so negative).
Also, the language selector messes up the bar in IE6.
I'll do a logo when I return.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Website preview

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Friday 01 August 2003 22:11, Dave Page wrote:
> I'll do a logo when I return.

The Gimp 1.3 template is on Snake. It has layers which you can modify.
Cheers, Jean-Michel