"reorganize"

From
Brage Førland
Date:
A meny item i find a bit uncomfortable is 'reorganize'. From the users
perspective they don't really 'reorganize' anything. Besides, the meny item
might be used just for updating statistics.

Perhaps 'Maintenance' would be a better term?

Adding REINDEX as a choice besides VACUUM and ANALYZE would also make sense
under maintenance.

--
Brage Førland

Re: "reorganize"

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Brage Førland wrote:

>A meny item i find a bit uncomfortable is 'reorganize'. From the users
>perspective they don't really 'reorganize' anything. Besides, the meny item
>might be used just for updating statistics.
>
>Perhaps 'Maintenance' would be a better term?

Sounds like a better wording, will change it directly after Beta-1.

>Adding REINDEX as a choice besides VACUUM and ANALYZE would also make sense
>under maintenance.

This is already on the list (actually on the list in my brain :-), now
on TODO.

Regards,
Andreas