Re: [kpli] Tanya PostgreSQL

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Dear Raphaël,

This is an email from an Indonesian user called Mark Rompies
<mark@orbisindonesia.com>.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

***********************

Jean-Michel POURE <jm.poure@freesurf.fr> menulis:

> Please download and install pgAdmin3 to administer PostgreSQL easily.
>
> pgAdmin3 was translated into Indonesian. Download daily snapshots
> from:

http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/snapshots.html

Thx for your respond. But I can't download for my unstable Debian. I
follow the instructions:

For Debian UNSTABLE:
deb http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian unstable pgadmin

But get the result:

ancol:/home/mark# apt-get install pgadmin3
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  pgadmin3
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 15 not upgraded.
Need to get 3901kB of archives.
After unpacking 15.8MB of additional disk space will be used.
Err http://www.pgadmin.org unstable/pgadmin pgadmin3 0.8.0-20030716.1
  403 Forbidden
Failed to fetch
http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian/dists/unstable/pgadmin/binary-i386/pgadmin3_0.8.0-20030716.1_i386.deb
 403 Forbidden E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get
update or try with --fix-missing?

ancol:/home/mark#

Re: [kpli] Tanya PostgreSQL

From
Raphaël Enrici
Date:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Dear Raphaël,
>
>This is an email from an Indonesian user called Mark Rompies
><mark@orbisindonesia.com>.
>
>Cheers,
>Jean-Michel

Dear Mark,

I've just tested the repository on an unstable chrooted environment and
everything seems to be ok for me.

403 error code is an http answer telling you that you are not allowed to
view the site and so to get the deb file.
Maybe something was wrong temporarly on the server or maybe we crossed
at a time I was uploading packages to the server... Can you please try
again by doing this as root :
# apt-get update
# apt-get install pgadmin3

If it is still going wrong, contact me by private mail
(<blacknoz@club-internet.fr>), I'll try to solve the problem with you.
Can you please also tell me if you are able to view this url with your
favorite web browser :

http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian/dists/unstable/pgadmin/binary-i386/

We stay in touch until everything works fine for you.

Thank you Jean-Michel for the mail forward.

Regards,

Raphaël

>Thx for your respond. But I can't download for my unstable Debian. I
>follow the instructions:
>
>For Debian UNSTABLE:
>deb http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian unstable pgadmin
>
>But get the result:
>
>ancol:/home/mark# apt-get install pgadmin3
>Reading Package Lists... Done
>Building Dependency Tree... Done
>The following NEW packages will be installed:
>  pgadmin3
>0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 15 not upgraded.
>Need to get 3901kB of archives.
>After unpacking 15.8MB of additional disk space will be used.
>Err http://www.pgadmin.org unstable/pgadmin pgadmin3 0.8.0-20030716.1
>  403 Forbidden
>Failed to fetch
>http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian/dists/unstable/pgadmin/binary-i386/pgadmin3_0.8.0-20030716.1_i386.deb
> 403 Forbidden E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get
>update or try with --fix-missing?
>
>ancol:/home/mark#

Re: [kpli] Tanya PostgreSQL

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
> Yes, I able to see that. Then I try to download from another network,
> and voila, now I'm running pgAdmin3! It's a very excellent tool! I can
> do list domain which is the main reason that Jean-Michel pointed me to
> try pgAdmin3.

Thanks. Nice to hear that Raphaël  Debian packages are working.

We hope pgAdmin3 will be very usufull in Indonesia. As a reminder for other
users, until we update our site, information about pgAdmin3 binary snapshots
can be found here:

http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/snapshots.html

> > We stay in touch until everything works fine for you.
> Thanx Jean-Michel & Raphael for your help, my appreciation for you guys.
> I want to get involved in Indonesian translation also. I'll read the
> information in the site.

Translation information can be found here until we update the site:

http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/translation_steps.html
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/translation_guidelines.html
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/translation_team.html

Please get in touch with Erwien Samantha Y (apache@cosinus.sederhana.or.id) if
you would like to submit translation patches.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel