Edit Data enhancements

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
As soon as there is a pgadmin.org domain again and the hosts are
locatable I'll upload some enhancements.

frmEditGrid:
- empty cell are interpreted as NULL
- if an empty string is to be entered, use '' (two single quotes)
- to enter a string consisting solely of two single quotes, enter \'\'
- A line break may be entered into a field if Ctrl-Enter or Shift-Enter
is pressed.
- Enter will still proceed to the next column, or store the row if at
the end.
- F1 will display a help as soon as it's available
- F5, Ctrl-S and Ctrl-Z are shortcuts for Refresh, Save and Undo

- edit length problem still not found

frmOptions:
- Added F1 help calling

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Edit Data enhancements

From
"Dave Page"

Nice.

> - edit length problem still not found

:-(

> frmOptions:
> - Added F1 help calling

OK - I meant to mention that, on the properties dialogues (and
frmOptions now I guess), can we get a help button on the bottom left.
Most people I know won't think to use F1.

As for the servers...

cvs.pgadmin.org == 80.176.1.147
snake.pgadmin.org == 80.176.1.158
www.pgadmin.org == 64.117.225.209

All servers are running - it's just the primary and secondary DNS that's
gone toes up.

Regards, Dave

Re: Edit Data enhancements

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>>- edit length problem still not found
>>

>:-(

Getting nearer:
The edit control is generated as multiline control in win32, and single
line in gtk. Both imposes some restrictions to us. win32 allows return
to be entered, but there's no autoscroll, while gtk will scroll but
doesn't know what \n means. sigh...

We probably need to create our own control for inplace editing. There's
stuff to do anyway, to restrict data entry to allowed chars.

Regards,
Andreas