Belarusian

From
"Chih-Hsin Lee"
Date:
Is the spelling of "Belarusian" correct? Is it Belorussian?

Re: Belarusian

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Chih-Hsin Lee wrote:

> Is the spelling of "Belarusian" correct? Is it Belorussian?

Could be wrong, but this is extracted from wxWindows, not pgAdmin3. Fix
it in the translation, if you like.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Belarusian

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Thursday 26 June 2003 07:25, Chih-Hsin Lee wrote:
> Is the spelling of "Belarusian" correct? Is it Belorussian?

Probably. In future versions, we should only provide the list of localised
languages (Français, Deutsch, English...). So do not take too much time
translating these entries. I post an e-mail to the list about this issue...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Belarusian

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>On Thursday 26 June 2003 07:25, Chih-Hsin Lee wrote:
>

>>Is the spelling of "Belarusian" correct? Is it Belorussian?
>>

>Probably. In future versions, we should only provide the list of localised
>languages (Français, Deutsch, English...). So do not take too much time
>translating these entries. I post an e-mail to the list about this issue...

This would mean that every time a language is added all translators must
touch their programs....
Better all translators decide whether they got the time to translate, or
simply leave exotic language names unchanged.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Belarusian

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Thursday 26 June 2003 11:51, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> This would mean that every time a language is added all translators must
> touch their programs....

Developpers change pgAdmin3 to display the language name (in its translated
form: Français, English, Deutsch...) everytime a language is added.
Otherwise, pgAdmin3 should only display the locale name, which allows
translators to review their translation.

Now, let's suppose that an English user switches to Turkish. How can that user
switch back to English if the language pop-up is displayed in Turkish?

It would be better if we could only display translated language names:

Français (fr_FR)
Deutsch (de_DE)
English (en_US)
etc..