Language issue

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Dear all,

Would it be possible to differenciate the English "language" string into
"Server-side language" (French=langage server-side) and "Language"
(French=langue).

In French, "langue" and "langage" do not have the same meaning.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Language issue

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>Would it be possible to differenciate the English "language" string into
>"Server-side language" (French=langage server-side) and "Language"
>(French=langue).
>
>In French, "langue" and "langage" do not have the same meaning.

Uh, I've been waiting for something like this. We should use another
development language :-)

Server-side language is the wrong expression, and "pgsql programming
language" is too long, so we better stick to "language" (langage).
For the user interface, I invented "user language" (langue). This
expression is used only in limited places, so this is easier.

For the same reason, I renamed the View menu to Display.

I hope we will never need to invent fantasy words, which then get
translated to en_US...

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Language issue

From
"Dave Page"

Huh?

:-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: Language issue

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Wednesday 25 June 2003 20:17, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> For the user interface, I invented "user language" (langue). This
> expression is used only in limited places, so this is easier.

Thanks, perfect. Do you think we could patent your invention? There are
thousands of inventors like us who need protection...

:)

Cheers, Jean-Michel