Request for help about Debian packaging

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Dear Michael,

Following our discussion at the European parliament, I would like to get in
contact with your friend who gave me the Knoppix CD-ROM. Are you a big fan of
Debian too? We are looking for a Debian packager for pgAdmin3. Could it be
you?

The problem is that pgAdmin3 compiles only with the latest version of
wxWindows 2.5 CVS (http://wxwindows.sourceforge.net/snapshots/) as well as
two contrib modules found in contrib/src/ named xtc and stc.

Under Debian, we need to create four packages:
- wxGTK2.5cvs,
- wxGTK2.5cvs-xtc,
- wxGTK2.5cvs-stc,
- pgAdmin3.

This goes beyond my skills ... as I don't know anything about Debian. Do you
know a Guru Debian packager willing to help us? By the way, today pgAdmin3
cvs version may be broken, but this will not last long.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE

Re: Request for help about Debian packaging

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Jean-Michel,

I had an offer to help with Debian this morning - currently waiting to
hear back from the guy.

Regards, Dave.

Date:
On Friday 13 June 2003 14:16, Dave Page wrote:
> I had an offer to help with Debian this morning - currently waiting to
> hear back from the guy.

Hi Dave,

Sorry, things are going so quickly these days...

Michael Meskes is part of the main hacker team and happens to be a big fan of
Debian... Let's wait for your Debian Friend, I CC Michael for information.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Request for help about Debian packaging

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>On Friday 13 June 2003 14:16, Dave Page wrote:
>

>>I had an offer to help with Debian this morning - currently waiting to
>>hear back from the guy.
>>

>Hi Dave,
>
>Sorry, things are going so quickly these days...
>
>Michael Meskes is part of the main hacker team and happens to be a big fan of
>Debian... Let's wait for your Debian Friend, I CC Michael for information.

About speed...
I believe cvs is fixed as of 14:10  :-)
Regards,
Andreas