Re: pogAdmin3 source po file

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
I just got the first german message out of pgadmin!!!!
cvs will come later, must go now.

Proposal for directories: ui/en, ui/fr, ui/de, ...

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Le Mercredi 4 Juin 2003 15:30, Dave Page a écrit :
>

>>Should check the docs I guess!!
>>
>>% wxrc -g file
>>output .po catalog (to stdout, or a file if -o is used)
>>http://www.wxwindows.org/manuals/2.4.0/wx478.htm#xrcoverview
>>Regards, Dave.
>>

>OK, I will add them as soon as I can.I have been lying in bed for the last
>three days pretty sick. Nothing important, I just want to sleep...

I hope you're getting better soon!

Best wishes,
Andreas

Re: pogAdmin3 source po file

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Mercredi 4 Juin 2003 17:22, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
> Proposal for directories: ui/en, ui/fr, ui/de, ...

Under GNU/Linux, all translations are stored in /usr/share/locale.
There is only one .mo file per application. In order to avoid duplicate
entries, it is recommended to have only one .po file.

cvs_root/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.po,
cvs_root/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.po,
etc...

/usr/share/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.mo,
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.mo,
etc...

"make" should look for the correponding .po files and compile them. During
"make install", the .mo file is moved to /usr/share/locale

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: pogAdmin3 source po file

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Le Mercredi 4 Juin 2003 17:22, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
>

>>Proposal for directories: ui/en, ui/fr, ui/de, ...
>>

>Under GNU/Linux, all translations are stored in /usr/share/locale.
>There is only one .mo file per application. In order to avoid duplicate
>entries, it is recommended to have only one .po file.
>
>cvs_root/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.po,
>cvs_root/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.po,
>etc...
>
>/usr/share/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.mo,
>/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3.mo,
>etc...

wxWindows will not be satisfied with en or fr subdirectories, it must be
en_US or fr_FR. In the upper case, the browse directory would be
configured to /usr/share/locale, and fr_FR is appended automatically.
wxWindows will seek the LC_MESSAGES/*.mo, as well as fr_FR/*.mo. I
wonder why we should split the files, copying the *.mo into /usr/share.
Why not keeping all files together under /usr/local/pgadmin3? While
talking about directory structures, what are that additional
share/pgadmin3 good for? In any case, we aren't sharing files (as long
as we binarily distribute static linked packages, not wxWindows or GTK2
shared libs which probably isn't a good idea).

Regards,
Andreas