New Autoconf Patch

From
Adam H.Pendleton
Date:
Attached is a patch to autoconf which makes the following changes:

*) Adds support for wxWindows 2.5 (--enable-wx25)
*) Adds support for release version of pgadmin3 (--enable-release)

*DO NOT* use the --enable-release flag yet to configure.  I still have
to work out what a "release" build really means, and what a "debug"
build means.  It may require the use of the "-static" flag to gcc
again, which causes a lot of dependency problems which will take some
time to track down.  --enable-wx25 is safe and test, however (at least
by me!).

ahp

Attachment

Re: New Autoconf Patch

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Thanks, patch applied.

Regards, Dave.

Re: New Autoconf Patch

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Adam H.Pendleton wrote:

> Attached is a patch to autoconf which makes the following changes:

Adam,
I still have problems. Configure will not set the include directory
${WX_HOME}/include, but will only take the `wx-config -cxxflags` output.

The library name convention looks like this:

libwx_gtk[2][u][d]_xxxx-${wx-version}
2 is for GTK 2.0, which we will need pretty soon
u is for unicode
d is for debug

Not all combinations are useful for us; we will either use GTK1.2
without unicode, of GTK2.0 with unicode.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: New Autoconf Patch

From
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Date:
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Adam,
> I still have problems. Configure will not set the include directory
> ${WX_HOME}/include, but will only take the `wx-config -cxxflags` output.

On my system, `wx-config --cxxflags` returns ${WX_HOME}/include.  I
would be more than happy to set it manually, but I didn't think it was
required.

ahp