Bug???

From
Ewald Geschwinde
Date:
I don't know if this is a bug or what I'm making wrong

I define a field with  only varchar
and not varchar(20) for example

and the pgadminII v1.4.12 shows this to me in the definition varchar(0)

I want to use the import wizard to import a text file but it says:
(see attached image)

The strange thing is when I start the import by clicking ok there is no
activity in the postgresql log file!!!

Can someone help me??

regards Ewald Geschwinde

Attachment

Re: Bug???

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Ewald,

A varchar column always has a length, but iirc, if you leave it blank
pgAdmin will default it to 0. Are you trying to create an unlimited size
column? If so, try type 'text'.

Regards, Dave.

Attachment

Re: Bug???