Non-debug pgAdmin III builds

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Hi Keith,

If you do a release build of pgAdmin III in VC++, does it crash horribly
on your system? In previous versions of wxWindows, I found it crashed
when leaving one particular function (for absolutely no reason that I
could find - it was literally on the closing brace!). I tried it again
today with wx 2.4.0, and now it seems to crash on any treeview
selection.

I'm a bit stumped as this only happens in the release build. Any ideas?

Regards, Dave.

Attachment

Re: Non-debug pgAdmin III builds

From
efesar
Date:
> If you do a release build of pgAdmin III in VC++, does it crash horribly
> on your system? In previous versions of wxWindows, I found it crashed
> when leaving one particular function (for absolutely no reason that I
> could find - it was literally on the closing brace!). I tried it again
> today with wx 2.4.0, and now it seems to crash on any treeview
> selection.

Dave,

Do you mean the build crashes or the program crashes once it's built?

If you mean the build crashes (i.e., won't link) -- Make sure to load up
wxWindows.DSW and build the release version of wxWindows. Also, build the
release versions of STC and XRC (those are both in the contrib directory I
believe).

When I had those three libs built, everything worked fine. I can't get it to
crash at all, but I didn't do a super-thorough test, just cursory.

Where is yours crashing?

One thing -- I don't have two different builds for libpq.lib (just one for
both release and debug). And it might be a pretty old build -- in fact, the
last time I built it was on Dec 9, 2002.

-Keith

Re: Non-debug pgAdmin III builds

From
"Dave Page"

It's a program crash, whenever a treeview item is clicked (right or
left).

I also have one libpq, from <ahem> 29th October (7.3dev), but it crashes
before anything in that gets called anyway.

Regards, Dave.

Attachment

Re: Non-debug pgAdmin III builds

From
efesar
Date:
Dave,

> It's a program crash, whenever a treeview item is clicked (right or
> left).

I don't have any crashes on the treeview. I would say clean everything, and
rebuild everything.

> I also have one libpq, from <ahem> 29th October (7.3dev), but it crashes
> before anything in that gets called anyway.

I've attached mine (zipped). Based on what you say, that probably won't help
but it might.

Oh, BTW, I'm running SP5 on Visual C 6.0. What are you running? Maybe that
makes a difference. And what is your OS?

-Keith

Attachment

Re: Non-debug pgAdmin III builds

From
"Dave Page"

Done that.

> > I also have one libpq, from <ahem> 29th October (7.3dev), but it
> > crashes before anything in that gets called anyway.
>
> I've attached mine (zipped). Based on what you say, that
> probably won't help but it might.

I've actually rebuilt from the 7.3.2 tarball.

> Oh, BTW, I'm running SP5 on Visual C 6.0. What are you
> running? Maybe that makes a difference. And what is your OS?

VC++ 6.0 SP5, though I also have VS.Net installed.
Windows XP Pro SP1

It runs fine in debug build, just crashes horrible on release builds.
I'm kinda stumped to be honest...

Regards, Dave.

Attachment

Re: Non-debug pgAdmin III builds