error rename column

From
"frank_lupo"
Date:
I have a column name is 'desc' .
If you rename a clomun using form pgadmin2 error parsing.
Desc is a keyword reserved.

Bye !!
Frank Lupo (Wolf) !!

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Non � necessario spendere un capitale per avere in casa Girella, la Cyclette perfetta per chi si avvicina al mondo
dell'homefitness, a soli 59 Euro il prezzo pi� basso del Web, clicca www.oliviero.it e comprala subito!!
Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=639&d=17-7

Re: error rename column

From
"Dave Page"

The only way I can think to prevent this is to include lists of reserved
words in pgAdmin - something I didn't want to do as they can require
maintenance. Anyone have any other ideas?

Regards, Dave.

Re: error rename column

From
John McCawley
Dave Page wrote:

>The only way I can think to prevent this is to include lists of reserved
>words in pgAdmin - something I didn't want to do as they can require
>maintenance. Anyone have any other ideas?

Is it a VB reserved word, or SQL Reserved word as in 'ORDER BY foo DESC'?
(I assume SQL, but wanted to clarify)

John

Re: error rename column

From
"Dave Page"

SQL, the only (as far as I'm aware) concept of reserved words in VB is
in function/variable naming. The problem is, PostgreSQL has a number of
lists of reserved words (for various levels of 'reserved') which change
from release to release - something that would require careful
monitoring.

Regards, Dave.