Re: Problem with validateuser.exe in unattended mode - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Wolff
Subject Re: Problem with validateuser.exe in unattended mode
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I didn't use GUI for the initial installation. I can only use unattended mode for my use case.

If you call the installer for initial installation and update with the exact same flags the problem occurs.

Initial installation in unattended mode seems to work. The postgres user definitly exists and is used for the pg service.

But running the installer again in unattended mode (e.g. update) raises an error in validateuser.exe.

If you update in GUI mode using the same password the validation works.