Re: bool: symbol name collision - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: bool: symbol name collision
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Yeah, I know those #if's are there, but whether they actually do
> anything useful is highly questionable. =A0There is no reason to assume
> that a compiler's built-in version of bool will be bit-compatible with
> ours. =A0And changing the width of bool is guaranteed to Not Work.

Supporting C++ in the server would be a big task, but supporting C99,
it seems to me, would only require we rename our "bool" "true" and
"false" defines. The only other C99 keyword or typedef we use is
"inline" for which I don't understand the issues yet.

--=20
greg