User permissions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lars Preben S. Arnesen
Subject User permissions
Date
Re: User permissions  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-general
I'm writing a web application to access a Postgres database. I want
the application to use a user with limited permissions - it should
only be able to execute predefined functions in the database.

I have been searching for the Postgres-way of doing this, but I din't
find any solution.

I have designed functions with pl/pgsql which do alter, insert, select
and delete in the database, but I don't want the database user to be
able to perform these actions without using the predefined functions.

How can I do this?

--
Lars Preben