Re: PATCH: Ticket#99: Support for Default Privileges - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PATCH: Ticket#99: Support for Default Privileges
Date
Re: PATCH: Ticket#99: Support for Default Privileges  (Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> Please find the updated patch.
> It has all the changes - as you suggested.

Close - but not quite there :-)

- The listview that lists the privileges is still a fixed height, and
on Mac, it pushes the TRIGGER privilege below the bottom of the
control area. Please see the two attached screenshots. If you make the
listview the variable height component (as it is on the privileges
tab, it'll make sizing work properly.

- The listview columns are still too small by default, as can be seen
in the screenshot. Compare them to the sizes of the equivalent columns
on the 'Privileges' tab.

- TABLES, SEQUENCES and FUNCTIONS are still in upper case, and not init-capped.

- The labels in the properties list view shouldn't have each work
init-capped (and we can shorten them a little) - eg. "Default
Privileges On Tables" should be "Default table ACL" (we use ACL
already in the list).

- There is no blank line between the table definition and the first
ALTER DEFAULT... statement in the SQL pane, eg.:

=====
CREATE DATABASE postgres
  WITH OWNER = postgres
       ENCODING = 'UTF8'
       TABLESPACE = pg_default
       LC_COLLATE = 'C'
       LC_CTYPE = 'C'
       CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
    GRANT INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, TRUNCATE, REFERENCES,
TRIGGER ON TABLES
    TO postgres;

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
    GRANT INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, TRUNCATE, REFERENCES,
TRIGGER ON TABLES
    TO public;

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
    GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, USAGE ON SEQUENCES
    TO postgres;
=====

Otherwise, it's looks like it's now working as expected :-)

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company