Re: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Subject Re: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
Michelle Murrain <mpm@norwottuck.com> writes:

> On Thursday 03 May 2001 11:58 am, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> > GH <grasshacker@over-yonder.net> writes:
> > > On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 08:07:04PM +0100, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> > >
> > > FreeBSD is out-of-the-box more secure, more stable, and generally more
> > > enjoyable to work with than RedHat.
> >
> > Hardly. Now, could you stop your uniformed flamebaiting please?
> > FreeBSD is nice in some respects (and not in others), but coming with
> > FUD like you are doesn't do anyone any good.
>
> I hate to say it but saying that FreeBSD might be better than Red Hat is
> hardly flamebait or FUD.

Those others, like "stable" and "secure". "Enjoyable" is obviously
subjective (FreeBSD isn't very enjoyable for me, who has used Linux
and Solaris extensively and much prefer SysV to BSD).
--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.