Re: Configuration and build clean-up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Subject Re: Configuration and build clean-up
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> As an on-going process starting now I would like to begin cleaning up the
> configuration and build process, in particular to eventually have

If so, please fix this in the configure.in script:

AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(`pwd`)

This doesn't work very well with libtool:

[root@hoser src]# libtoolize
Remember to add `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' to `configure.in'.
Using `AC_PROG_RANLIB' is rendered obsolete by `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL'
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, ``pwd`'.
/usr/bin/libtoolize: `pwd`: Ingen slik fil eller filkatalog
[root@hoser src]#

libtoolize (a part of libtool) isn't important on int's own, but it's
used as part of some automated buildsystems

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.