Re: DECLARE CURSOR - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew V." <
Subject Re: DECLARE CURSOR
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 06:06:05 -0600, snpe wrote:

> On Sunday 17 November 2002 05:46 am, Frank Miles wrote:

>> > I understand it.
>> > I don't understand why 'DECLARE CURSOR' success out of a transaction
>> > - I expect error
>>
>> What version are you using?  At least with 7.2.x, there is an immediate
>> error at the DECLARE statement.  Perhaps I am misunderstanding your
>> question?
>>

> 7.3b5
> maybe, it is prepare for cursor out of a transaction (I hope)

I'm getting a little confused, here, reading this.  I don't have a BEGIN,
COMMIT, or ROLLBACK in sight in my ESQL application, but my cursor works
just fine.  Under which circumstances are the BEGIN, COMMIT, and ROLLBACK
required?  Is that something specific to the C interface?

--
Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.