Re: web programming - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gunnar R|nning
Subject Re: web programming
Date
Re: web programming  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:

> > Agreed.  JDBC needs a major development push.
>
> I've chatted with Peter about this over the past week, and mentioned that
> bringing in a second developer with CVS access might be an option to
> pursue ... the fun part is, who else has both the time and the knowledge
> to deal with committing changes to the source tree?

Agreed that the JDBC needs more attention. Maybe post an announcement for a
co-maintainer, reviewer and developer for the JDBC driver ?

Other things that might also help is consider the structure of the
project. Maybe one should create a JDBC subproject where latest and
greatest information abut JDBC is available. Having a mailing list
dedicated to JDBC could be step in this direction, but FAQs, status
information, todos, etc. would also be helpful. The idea is to create a
"subcommunity" of PostgreSQL for the people interested in JDBC.

regards,

    Gunnar