Re: [GENERAL] database corruption? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Jones
Subject Re: [GENERAL] database corruption?
Date
List pgsql-general
Elmar.Haneke@gmx.de writes:

> Chris Jones schrieb:
>
> > NOTICE:  Index error_interface_idx: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (226766) IS NOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (226765)
> > NOTICE:  Index error_ewhen_idx: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (226766) IS NOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (226765)
> > NOTICE:  Index error_interface_idx: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (226766) IS NOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (226765)
> > NOTICE:  Index error_ewhen_idx: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (226766) IS NOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (226765)
>
> The Index does not contain tuples having NULL in the indexed field.
> You should check if you have an tuple containing NULL in your table.
> If so remove or change the tuple or ignore the message.

Table    = error
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                | Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| id                               | int4 not null default nextval (  |     4 |
| type                             | int2 not null                    |     2 |
| ewhen                            | datetime not null                |     8 |
| interface                        | varchar() not null               |    40 |
| severity                         | varchar()                        |     5 |
| extra                            | text                             |   var |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
Indices:  error_ewhen_idx
          error_extra_idx
          error_pkey

Since I wrote the original message, I've gotten rid of the "interface"
index and added the "extra" index, but I haven't changed any of the
columns in the table itself.  As you can see, they're declared as "not
null."

Dropping and re-creating the indices made the warning go away, though.

In addition, I started getting this two nights ago:

NOTICE:  Index pg_class_relname_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (74) IS NOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (75)
NOTICE:  Index pg_class_oid_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (74) IS NOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (75)

Needless to say, I haven't changed the schema for the PostgreSQL
system tables at all.

Chris

--
Chris Jones