PHP and keystone (formerly PTS) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roland Roberts
Subject PHP and keystone (formerly PTS)
Date
List pgsql-general
This isn't exactly a PostgreSQL question, but...

I've sent e-mail to shevett@stonekeep.com, the author of Keystone,
about what one needs to do to get Keystone to work with PostgreSQL.  I
have it almost working, and am wondering if anyone here has
successfully used Keystone with PostgreSQL.

What seemed to be holding me up at first was one of two things.  Since
PHP connects from the web server, I had to grant select to nobody on
the tables I was interested in.  Alternately, I could have changed the
connect options to use a different user, but I can't find any
documentation on what connect options are available.

Now I have simple PHP scripts working, but I still can't login to
Keystone.

My questions are:

    1. Has anyone gotten Keystone to work with PostgresSQL?

    2. Are there any pointers on what one needs to do to use PHP to
       talk to PostgreSQL?

There are really separate issues for me, since I am trying to write my
own applications that use PHP and the browser as an interface to
PostgreSQL.

roland
--
Roland B. Roberts, PhD                  Custom Software Solutions
roberts@panix.com                           101 West 15th St #4NN