Re: Autovaccum and Full vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Shoaib Mir
Subject Re: Autovaccum and Full vacuum
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Tony Day <tonyd@panztel.com> wrote:
Hi Shoaib

Thanks for the response.

Sorry - I forgot to mention that I am using PostgreSQL 8.3.9 on Ubuntu 9.04.
And just to be clear - I am not suggesting that there is a bug in Postgresql :-)
I am just trying to clarify what it does and doesn't do.

It uses VACUUM and not VACUUM FULL, there shouldn't be a need of VACUUM FULL if you have autovacuum enabled with proper thresholds. There can be an odd case where you might have to make auto-vacuum a little more aggressive for a specific table.

--
Shoaib Mir
http://shoaibmir.wordpress.com/