Re: [GENERAL] Table create time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hamann.w@t-online.de
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Table create time
Date
List pgsql-general
>> On 31/08/2017 09:56, hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > is there a way to add a table create (and perhaps schema modify) timestamp to the system?
>> > I do occasionally create semi-temporary tables (meant to live until a problem is solved, i.e. longer
>> > than a session) with conveniently short names.
>> In FreeBSD you'd do smth like this to find the file creation time :
>> ls -lU <path to your cluster>/data/PG_9.3_201306121/16425/12344
>>
>> where 12344 is the filenode of the relation in question. In ext4 you may do this albeit with more difficulty.

Hello Achilleas,

many thanks for responding. There are two problems;
a) accessing the filesystem will likely require some extra effort (e.g. installing an untrusted programming
language)
b) a dump/restore will modify the dates

best regards
Wolfgang Hamann