Re: Adaptec/LSI/?? RAID - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From J. Andrew Rogers
Subject Re: Adaptec/LSI/?? RAID
Date
List pgsql-performance
I've got a bunch of mission-critical Postgres servers on
Opterons, all with no less than 4GB RAM,  running Linux +
XFS, and most with LSI MegaRAID cards. We've never had a
single system crash or failure on our postgres servers,
and some of them are well-used and with uptimes in excess
of a year.

It may be anecdotal, but LSI MegaRAID cards generally seem
to work pretty well with Linux.  The only problem I've
ever seen was a BIOS problem between the LSI and the
motherboard, which was solved by flashing the BIOS on the
motherboard with the latest version (it was grossly out of
date anyway).

J. Andrew Rogers