Re: - Finding records in sequence - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: - Finding records in sequence
Date
List pgsql-sql
Mr. Oakes,

> I have a table with a few columns, one of which is Pass/Fail.  I want
> find the most passes in sequence in the table and the most failures
>  in
> sequence in the table.  Is there a function to do this, or will I
>  need to
> create one?  Thanks!

You'll need to create one.  For your sake, I hope that you created thetable with either a timestamp or a serial column
sothat you candetermin the sequence of records.

Since your problem is procedural rather than set-oriented in nature,you will have an easier time implementing it in a
proceduralinterfacelanguage (like Perl or C) than in SQL.

-Josh