Re: limit of 16 on arguments to functons - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: limit of 16 on arguments to functons
Date
List pgsql-novice
Varadha,

> we install postgres using RPM so how do I go about it then.

Sorry, no can do.  If you want to use special compile-time options, you
 cannot use RPMs.  RPMs are for people who want the default install.

The good news is that 7.2 came out yesterday.  Within a few weeks, you
 should see RPMs for your chosen distribution appearing.  The reason
 that this is good news for you is that (I believe) Tom and Bruce made
 the default arguments/parameters 24 in version 7.2 instead of 16.

Of course, compiling Postgres isn't hard:
pg_dumpall > database_backup
su root
tar -xvzf postgresql-7.2.tgz
cd postgresql-7.2