Re: keyword search help - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: keyword search help
Date
List pgsql-php
Arun,

>  i am arun from iisc,bangalore. we are on a database project and are
>  using
> postgresql and php. i am finding some problems in keyword search. we
>  have
> to store some keywords in a field and when we give some keywords it
>  should
> search for the same in that field. how to store in database and how
> access is the problem. pls help me in this matter.
>   with rgds

Unfortunately, your question does not have a simple answer, as there
 are several options depending on waht you're searching, how often, how
 many users, and what kind of keywords you want to use.

What you need is a book on the basics of database design. I do not know
 of one that has been translated into Indonesian.   You may check out
 lists of English-language books at:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/bookreviews.php
and
http://www3.us.postgresql.org/books/index.html

If English books are no use to you, or exchange rates put them out of
 your price range, e-mail me back and I will outline some simple
 methods for keyword searching.

-Josh Berkus

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com