Re: It's dead and won't get up!! - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: It's dead and won't get up!!
Date
List pgsql-novice
David,

  > the man page suggested
  > #nohup postmaster >logfile2>1 &

  Stop using the man pages, then. I don't believe that they have been
  maintained for at least 2 years. I've never even heard of the above
  version of running postmaster -- it probably dates back to version
6.0.

  Use the interactive online docs, or the docs in the pgsql/docs folder.
  For your particular problem, see:
  http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?postmaster-start.html

  -Josh

                                       Josh Berkus