Manual Trigger Creation - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Manual Trigger Creation
Date
Re: Manual Trigger Creation  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-sql
Tom, Stephan. List folks:
I'm having a great deal of trouble with the automated constraint
triggers as implemented in 7.1 beta 3. I find that if I establish a
foriegn key through the CREATE TABLE statement, things start to blow up
if I modify any of the tables involved, and there's no easy way to drop
and re-create the foriegn key.  (PostgreSQL isn't alone in this ... MS
SQL Server is a headache if you want to tinker with the relational
structure).
 As such, I'd like to manually create my own foriegn key triggers
instead, once I'm done tinkering with the DB structure.  Can anyone
provide me with an example of this?  I figure I'll need 5 triggers for
each key:

1. ON UPDATE trigger on Reference List
2. ON DELETE trigger on Reference List
3. ON UPDATE trigger on data table